Education and licenses
State Bar of California
Certified Specialist, Family Law, 1999
Licensed to Practice Law, California, 1991
U.C. Davis School of Law
Juris Doctor Degree, 1986
Bachelor of Arts Degree, 1984
Legal career history
FOX & BANK LLP, 1999 to present
Walnut Creek, CA
Partner and founding member of Fox & Bank LLP, a law firm specializing in all aspects of family law, including divorce, domestic partnership dissolution, pre-and post-marital agreements, child custody and minor’s counsel work, child support, spousal support and property issues. Practice areas include family law consultation, settlement and litigation. Ms. Bank is also collaboratively trained.
FRIEDMAN, ROSS & HERSH, 1995 -1999
San Francisco, CA
Senior Associate attorney in a San Francisco law firm that specialized in family law and civil litigation. Managed a variety of complex family law cases involving a range of issues, including complicated property issues, high-conflict custody cases, and support issues with unusual financial and investment components.
COMMUNITY LAW CENTER, 1991-1995
Staff Attorney in a private nonprofit law firm that specialized in family law and probate matters for low income families. Assisted with law office management.
NEVADA STATE SUPREME COURT, 1990-1991
Carson City, NV
Supreme Court Clerk for the Honorable Justice Cliff Young of the Nevada State Supreme Court.
Professional and acamedic awards recognition
Listed in Best Lawyers in America® every year since 2008
Listed in Northern California Super Lawyers®: every year since 2004
Listed in Top 100 Northern California Super Lawyers®: 2006-2009
Listed in Top 50 Women Northern California Super Lawyers®: 2005-2011, 2018.
Named One of San Francisco’s Best Lawyers: 2009
Professional associations, boards and committee work
Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML)
- AAML President, Northern California Chapter, 2013
- AAML President-Elect, Northern California Chapter, 2012
- AAML Treasurer, Northern California Chapter, 2011
- AAML Secretary, Northern California Chapter, 2010.
- AAML Member, Northern California Board of Managers, 2006, 2007, 2009-2014
- AAML Northern California Symposium Chair, 2005, 2018
- Co-Head, AAML East Bay Mentoring Program, 2009-2012
- Co-Chair, AAML Northern California Chapter Mentoring Committee, 2011-2013
Association of Certified Family Law Specialists (ACFLS)
- Director North, ACFLS, 2001-2002
- Member, ACFLS Board of Directors, 2000-2004
- Treasurer, ACFLS Board of Directors, 2002-2003
- Member, Amicus Committee, 2005-2008
Art in the Courthouse
- Committee Member, 2007-2008
Collaborative Practice Group East Bay (CPEB)
- Member, Protocol Committee, 2007-2008
- Member, Social Committee 2009, 2010, 2011
Collaborative Practice Group of Contra Costa County (CPGCC)
- Member, Judicial Liaison Committee, 2006
Collaborative Lawyers of Alameda and Contra Costa (CLACC)
- Founding Member
International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (2007-2012)
California State Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section
Contra Costa Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section 1999 to present
- Guest Editor, Contra Costa Lawyer Magazine, June 2002
Alameda County Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section, since 1987
Family Justice Center
- Served as an Attorney-Mentor: 2017, 2018.
Law Center for Families (formerly the Community Law Center and the Community Legal Aid Society of Alameda County)
- Member, Board of Directors, 1997-2000
Regularly serves as a Settlement Judge in the San Francisco Superior Court.
Publications and lectures
Author “By Virtue of Her Position as Wife” Goodwill in Divorces: How California Law Has Been Shaped by Inconsistent Logic to Address Antiquated Societal Notions of Marriage,” Contra Costa Lawer, Vol. 20, No. 2, PP.22, Feb. 2007
Co-Author, “Don’t Worry—Be Careful: Liability Issues in the Drafting and Reviewing of Premarital Agreements,” Contra Costa Lawyer, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 16-21, May 2000.
Panelist, AAML Pre-Symposium: Full Metal Jacket: Making your Premarital Agreement Bullet Proof, May 2013
Panelist, AAML Northern California Chapter Trial Practicum 2006: Trial Preparation
Lecturer, Contra Costa Family Law Section Mentoring Group, 2018